CFO Advisory Services LP – Carrollton, TX
Salary: $32,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
This is an Accounting Generalist Position that will includes both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions for an established company in the Utility Products Industry. The company has been in business since 2001 and distributes products to the natural gas/waterworks/plumbing/oilfield and pipeline markets. You will work closely with the Accounting Manager and Senior Accountant to fulfill the daily accounting duties as needed. This role requires a detailed oriented individual with a strong and dedicated work ethic. You will be rewarded with the opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Convert purchase orders to vouchers
- Enter approved non-inventory vendor invoices in to the accounting system.
- Expense report processing
- Interact with management related to coding of invoices, approvals, and research.
- Payment organization, including filing functions
- Interact with co-workers on research of discrepancies between vendor invoices and purchase orders.
- 1099 processing
- Oversee process of invoices being sent to customers.
- Payment receipts processing and application into accounting system.
- Resolve customer payment discrepancies through collection efforts.
- Interact with co-workers on research of customer accounts when necessary.
- Contact customers regarding past due balances, maintain collection comments in proper system.
- Interact with management on issues related to customer accounts.
Qualifications and Skills
- Good written and verbal communications including customer phone calls.
- Team oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Possessing a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible in nature and able to change as the needs of the business change.
- Must be available to work in front of the computer on-site during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, and as necessary to meet all deadlines.
- Maintain the confidentiality of accounting information to the appropriate parties.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum associate’s degree or preferably a bachelor’s degree in business or accounting.
- 3-5 years of hands-on accounting experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferable.
- Experienced with an ERP system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision/Disability. PTO and paid holidays. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience and relevant skills.
- No Search Firms please.
Job Type: Full-time